This website is a no-frills place to develop content for a project proposed at GETed in April 2012. The purpose of the project is to use movies to educate the public about genetics and genomics.
The discussion of this project has gone in many different directions since its inception. Here are some of the goals that have been articulated:
Please see the list of films being considered for review.
Personal Genetics Education Project (pgEd.org)
1. Genetic themes in fiction films by Michael Clark.
2. Genetics and film: A short history by Michael Clark.
3. A Bill of Divorcement (1932) by Michael Clark.
4. NIH Office of Science Education, Science in the Cinema.
5. Science and Entertainment Exchange
6. Gene Screen at Genetic Alliance.
7. Literature, Film, and Genetics.
8. Movies tagged with "genetics" at Listall.
9. The Ethics of Human Cloning by Amy Logston (1999).